It seems like PyCon 2018 was just last week, but the 2019 edition will be here before we know it. We want to say thanks to all our sponsors who helped make the conference a huge success. This year, we welcomed 3,260 attendees from 48 different countries around the world, strengthening the connection in our beloved community even more.
The invaluable and generous support of our PyCon sponsors enables the Python Software Foundation to help and improve the Python community worldwide by promoting sprints, meetups, events, projects, fiscal sponsorships, software development, open source projects and the Python Ambassador Program – which helps the creation of communities where Python is not well known.
PyCon sponsorship enabled us to award $118,543 USD in financial aid to 143 attendees in 2018. It also generates 80% of the PSF's revenue, making financial aid, conferences, workshops, and training support possible. As a result, in 2017 $271,138 was awarded to grant recipients in 34 different countries and we are on track to meet or beat our total from last year.
Your sponsorship helps keep PyCon affordable and accessible to the widest possible audience.
Here is a sample of the many benefits from being a sponsor:
- Being part of the biggest Python conference in the world
- Visibility to those who could potentially become new customers or employees
- Increasing your brand exposure and elevating your corporate identity within the community
- Expose your products to more than 3,200 attendees
- Enhance your company’s reputation by supporting and investing in Python and the open source community
Depending on your level of sponsorship, packages may include complimentary conference passes, booth space, lead retrieval scanners, speaking opportunities, and participation in the Job Fair. Our current sponsorship prospectus can be found here. Sponsors in the Diamond, Platinum, Gold or Silver categories will receive additional tickets to the conference.
We want to hear from you! Contact us anytime - we are flexible and willing to build a sponsorship package that fits your needs. Only you know your business, how you measure success and what you're looking for. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
We proudly want to announce the organizations that are already sponsoring the PyCon 2019!
- Facebook & Instagram
- JP Morgan Chase
- Citus Data
- Nexmo Inc.
- AQR Capital Management
- Two Sigma Investments, LP
- Six Feet Up
- Doctor On Demand, Inc
|Huntington Convention Center - Cleveland, Ohio.|
Photo Credit: Mike Pirnat https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikepirnat
PyCon 2019 will be held at Huntington Convention Center in Cleveland, Ohio, from May 1st to May 9th.
If you would like to share information about PyCon 2019 sponsorship, please share with this tweet:
Support @ThePSF by sponsoring @pycon 2019! More information can be found here: https://us.pycon.org/2019/sponsors/prospectus/. #pycon2019
Here’s what our attendees say about the PyCon US experience:
- Julian Sequeira (@_juliansequeira)#PyCon2018 was my first PyCon. I have had an INCREDIBLE time! I've listened to inspirational speakers; met some of the most amazing people and have made lifelong connections. Most of all, I had FUN! Thanks to the brilliant @pycon team for working tirelessly to make it a reality!
PyCon has been my gold standard for conference accessibility as long as I've been attending, they do a great job and the community here really reflects it. I appreciate all your hard work @pycon, keep it up.- Jonan Scheffler (@thejonanshow)
- Jenn Basalone (@pennyblackio)#pycon2018 was incredible. The support and hospitality from #Cleveland was stellar. Lighting all the downtown buildings in blue and yellow was a class act. I can’t wait to come back next year for some Mabel’s BBQ and the amazing @pycon community
- Ruben Orduz (@rdodev)One of more understated benefits of @pycon is the economic and social impact in the surrounding communities it takes place at. In the case of larger cities, might not a big deal. In smaller locales, like Cleveland, that impact can be huge!
- David Vandegrift (@DavidVandegrift)Just got back from @pycon. Was delighted by the inclusiveness and thoughtfulness I saw there.
PyCon is underwritten by the Python Software Foundation, a 501(c)3 charitable organization set up to manage the growth and development of Python worldwide.