The Python Software Foundation (PSF) is looking to add bloggers for the PSF blog located at http://pyfound.blogspot.com/. As a PSF blogger you will work with the PSF Communication Officers to brainstorm blog content, communicate activities, and provide updates on content progression. Example of content includes PSF community service awardee profiles, details about global Python events and PSF grants, or recent goings-on within the PSF itself. One goal of the 2017 - 2018 PSF Board of Directors is to increase transparency around PSF activities by curating more frequent blog content.
The Python Software Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that holds the intellectual property rights behind the Python programming language. We also run the North American PyCon conference annually, support other Python conferences/workshops around the world, and fund Python related development with our grants program. To see more info on our grants program, please read: https://www.python.org/psf/grants/.
- Capacity to contribute one to two blog posts per month
- Passionate about Python and the global Python community
- Independently report progress and activities to Python Software Foundation Staff and Communication Officers on a monthly basis
- Actively brainstorm content ideas for blog content individually as well as with Python Software Foundation Staff and Communication Officers
- Ability to work independently and on virtual teams
- Familiarity with Python programming
- Experience contributing to a technical blog or website in English
- Professional proficiency in English
Bloggers for the Python Software Foundation receive a fixed fee per post they write.
To apply please email two to three examples of recent articles (e.g. personal blog, contribution to professional publication) written in English as well as a brief description of your writing experience to email@example.com. Please include in the email subject "PSF Blogger Application - (Your Name)". If you have questions, direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org as well. The Python Software Foundation will be accepting applications until 11:59:59pm Pacific Standard Time Thursday, March 1, 2018.