The PSF is seeking to hire a Director of Resource Development to spearhead fundraising and sponsorship efforts! We are accepting resumes through January 14th, 2021. See the job description section below for more information.
After 5 years, our sponsorship coordinator, Betsy Waliszewski, is beginning her transition towards retirement. Betsy has been an incredible help to the PSF and the Python community. Our goal is for Betsy to work with the new hire for a dedicated time in Q1. Additionally, Betsy will continue helping with administrative tasks in the first half of 2021 in a part-time capacity. We wish Betsy the best as she begins a new chapter beyond the PSF!
Taking into consideration Betsy's retirement and the financial impact of 2020 and 2021, the PSF's need for this role is now greater than ever. We look forward to reading the resumes that come in!
The Python Software Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that holds the intellectual property rights behind the Python programming language. We also run the PyCon US conference annually, support other Python conferences/workshops around the world, and fund Python related development with our grants program. To see more info about the PSF, check out our Annual Impact Report and public records. Please see the sponsor program and application from the PSF site.
The Python Software Foundation is looking for a full-time Director of Resource Development responsible for the following:
- Develop a plan for achieving budgeted fundraising goals consistent with the values and strategic priorities in coordination with the Executive Director
- Develop and implement an overall plan for increasing new and current donors* and the measurement of success of that plan
- Develop working relationships with Board Fundraising Committee
- Build relationships with sponsoring organizations
- Coordinate with all program* sponsors to deliver on benefits provided
- Coordinate with program leads to ensure prospectus stays up-to-date and relevant
- Build relationships with donors*
- Build relationships with Sponsor WG, Marketing WG, volunteers and coordinate with Work Groups on helpful resources and donor gifts
- Conduct outreach with potential new donors
- Stay up-to-date on tax-advantageous giving opportunities
- Prepare quarterly print materials (ask letters, newsletters, annual impact report, etc.) to share with donors
- Ensure timely thank-yous and follow-up for all donations in coordination with Accounting
- Develop and oversee annual fundraising events
- Assist with database management to ensure we keep up to date records
- Track donors, memberships via database and run relevant reports through CiviCRM database
- Develop annual marketing plan and the development of marketing materials
Preferred & required skills:
- Fundraising and marketing experience is required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on detail orientation
- Able to pick up on new technologies/software platforms
- Experience with customer resource management systems (CiviCRM preferred)
- Comfortable working with remote team (Slack, Google docs/sheets)
We believe that the future of open source must include everyone. We welcome all job-seekers regardless of race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran or disability status. Python is a global community and the PSF aims to support a safe environment for all. More information can be found on our Code of Conduct page.
- * “program” here refers to each sponsor program we offer as part of our sponsorship prospectus (example: PyCon, Foundation, PyPI, CPython)
- * “donors” for the PSF also includes members since some members pay a yearly fee
Please email questions and resumes (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are accepting resumes through January 14th, 2021.