Who are you?
Hi, I'm Ee Durbin. I am a volunteer PyPI Administrator, contributor to the PSF Infrastructure, PSF Fellow, past PSF Staff member, and Previous PyCon US Chair. I live in Philadelphia and volunteer with Philly Bike Action to advocate for safer cycling infrastructure. I'm currently working on open-source high performance developer tooling on the Astral team, which recently joined OpenAI.
What would you bring to the PSF Board of Directors?
Throughout the past thirteen years, I have taken on many roles and responsibilities across the PSF and have an appreciation for the way that the foundation and community interact from many perspectives. I hope to bring my understanding of the foundation's operations as well as its past challenges to service on the board.
What motivated you to run for the PSF Board of Directors?
I'm motivated to run for the board because I have attended _most_ board meetings from 2018-2025 and have interacted with the board in many ways as both a volunteer, staff member, and friend. I see the impact that the board can have to grow and sustain the organization. The Python community and PSF are important to me, and I want to contribute in ways that create new growth and sustainability.
What problem or challenge do you want to address if you are on the board?
The PSF has done a lot to meet the challenges of the past six years, specifically as it relates to the impact on PyCon US of increased contract costs and geopolitics. At the same time, immense shifts in the landscape of software security and the rise of LLMs have created new opportunities and challenges for the organization. Seeing these challenges through and coming out of them as a foundation that is durable to inevitable new challenges is a priority in my eyes.
Where do you see the PSF 5 years from now?
Pie in the sky, I dream of a PSF that is ever increasingly community focused and community supported. It is impossible to say what will come of the next 5 years, but I have much more certainty in the community who make up the PSF. I would like to see the PSF's core financial sustainability based on membership and individual donations, solidifying the organization's track record of accountability to the community above all else.
What areas of the Python community are you involved with?
My main involvement as of late has primarily been as a volunteer PyPI admin and I am focusing more recently on contributions to Python packaging tools and standards.
------
Note from the election administrators:
Want to learn more about this candidate or ask them a question?
Check out their nomination statement.
Check out their AMA thread on discuss.python.org.
